Sunday, May 11, 2014

day 351

So here's the first week, did around 61 hours of work, i aim to do more next week. For this week, i did some anatomy studies, faces studies, a gesture warm up each day, some sketches, some zbrush unfinished sculpt and that's pretty much it. so here's what have been done through the week :

I did a research on design for myself during the week. I think it will help me some way, some info are really obvious but i think it's a good reminder. It's mostly based on graphic  design but the principles can apply to art, i'll try to improve the document if i find something like ''principles of design for concept artist'' for example, but i feel it will repeat the same things. I started ''the elements of design'' but given that it took me more time than expected, i stopped my research for now i started drawing. My goal for that research thing will be to finish this doc with the elements of design, i'll try to put more emphasis on color, with the book ''color and light '' and to have a document of principle of composition (even if a lot of principle of design can be related to composition)
Here's the document ; Principles and elements of design

I'm almost done with the book ''digital painting techniques volume 3'' and when this one is finished i'll strat the book ''how to draw'' by Scott Robertson and practice some perspective.

Friday, I've started the class  Concepting Vehicles and Mechs  by Kemp Remillard available on demands on CG society. i'll be posting my homework but for now i'm still trying to find the idea of which vehicle I want to do. I got lost in reference research, there was so much awesome images. So, I stepped back for a night and i'll work on it soon and see want could be cool to do. I don't want to do like he did in his demo but here's some of my ideas :
- An APC + a mech, the reinforce forces on field, 2 driver for the APC 6 to 8 infantry and one driver for the mech
- A long range assault vehicles or mech, very slow, need some guard to defend nearby attacks.
- A jeep
- Bikes, I like bikes, but i feel like it's not the place for them in what the homework is
- Helicopter, it would be nice to try it, but it quite the challenge, and trying to find another purpose for helicopter isn't easy
- A communication vehicles, did think to much about this one
- A vehicle that deploy drone or autonomous could be one option

Sunday 







Monday 




Tuesday 





Wednesday 




Thursday




Friday



Saturday





Some auto-feedback from the week.
I feel like I was too much spread out doing a lot of thing that are not really related (some anatomy, some random sketches) without finishing them. I saw some progress on anatomy, faces and mostly on my line work (which is something i really want to improve). So, I need to focus on least things and finish stuff. 

SO, for the this week, I need to be more focus on vehicles, perspective (to prepare myself for the Scott Robertson workshop in June) and FINISHING stuff.
i'll mostly do :
- gesture vechile drawing for warm up
- perspective study (outdoor ?)
- mostly everything in lineart, maybe add values
- read ''how to draw''
- finishing sketches that fill my desktop 
- some sketches in my sketchbook when i'll be bored with perspective 


thx, till next sunday



No comments:

Post a Comment